Hatch, Mary J. and Cunliffe, Ann L., 2006, Organization Theory, 2nd edition, Oxford University Press: Oxford.
Aims of the assignment
- Develop your understanding of the nature of the key organisation perspectives and their related theoriesDemonstrate an understanding of the key perspectives and the meta-theoretical assumptions that underpin each
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the relationship between perspectives and their respective theories.
- Develop research skills and the ability to assess the strengths and weaknesses of various debates and arguments.
- Gain skills in the written presentation of an argument, including the ways in which scholars incorporate and acknowledge the ideas of other writers
What are the advantages and disadvantages of a multi-perspective approach to understanding organisations? In answering the question you will need to engage with the nature of the various perspectives and how they enable and limit our understanding of organisations.
Ready Paper Excerpt
In their descriptive book, Hatch & Cunliffe (2006, p22) offer a comprehensive analysis of a multi-perspective approach to understanding organizations. The book creates great insights on the benefits of multi-perspective approach to an organization. As argued by Hatch & Cunliffe multi-perspective approach is vital as it creates a platform to improve the organization’s performance. To fully understand how an organization is operating, a multi-perspective approach is important as it helps managers to manage the organization with a positive result orientation. In response to this subject, Crawley & Crawley (2009, p217) affirm that, a multi perspective approach is important since it enhances a broad understanding of different perspectives. One can trace the adoption of the concept of multi-perspectives to historical management where most people embraced scientific administration as the best and applicable way of running or managing the society (Linh-Chi 2012, p78). For instance, Winslow Taylor and Henri Fayol were pioneers of the concept of multi-perspective to management and they mostly emphasized of efficiency, effectiveness, and the mechanical nature regarding people in the organization. Thus far, the following paper provides a comprehensive analysis of what are the pros and cons of a multi-perspective approach to understanding organizations. In discussing, this paper will engage the nature of various perspectives to highlight how they enable and limit our understanding of the organization.
The key perspectives that determine the way organizations are understood and interpreted are postmodernism, modernism, critical theorists, and symbolic interpretation, which allow a better understanding of the organizational structure. With the deep interest of understanding organizations, there is a broad debate surrounding the concept of organizational culture through…..
Purchase below and Download the Full Paper – 6 pages
* An original paper is custom written, 0% plagiarized and cannot be resold to a third party